Thursday, April 16, 2009

In search of Greatness

Well, I was at the Death Cab for Cutie concert last night and this thought came to me, I'd had it before but never so well articulated and defined. Watching Ben Gibbard play the crap out of "Soul Meets Body" really moved something in me. Its a great song, but that's unrelated. It just hit me, what does it feel like to stand there on a stage, playing this song you created, to all these people? All these people who paid to see you, who want to hear this music that you created? I mean before he came along, none of this existed! He made this all up, out of nothing, and its changed people's lives. That's big. That's huge. His creativity, has changed people's lives. His music has surpassed him, when he's gone, when the music doesn't get played, those lives will still never be the same. I guess that's what I want, I just never really saw it before. I want to change people's lives. I want them to remember me, and what I did, and be able to say "my life won't ever be the same again". That's greatness.



No comments:

Post a Comment